We just wanted to give you a brief update you on the latest developments with regards to the Governments road map announcement yesterday, 5th April 2021.
First, we would like to thank the British Triathlon `events` team as they have informed, updated and been at the forefront of developing specific Covid-19 requirements for events.
The Warmseal Northumberland Triathlon (23rd May 21) & The Warmseal Woodhorn Museum Triathlon (10th July 2021) are scheduled to go ahead as planned in 2021, The Government’s `unlock` road map is on track, we are following British Triathlons Covid-19 Guidance for event organisers permitted event requirements and our planning is going well.
We would like to share some measures that British Triathlon have asked us all to consider / follow for participant / volunteer safety at events:
- Comply with government guidance around social distancing
- Follow Government advice Hand hygiene. (also please bring your own hand sanitiser).
- Encourage the use of Face covering while on the event site `pre and post event. `
- All events must be Non drafting and Time trial format - This means that competitors must be set off in the swim individually in a time-trial format so that you maintain a socially distanced ‘group of one’ at all times. It is anticipated that this will be the format until such time as there is no government requirement for social distancing.
- All events that have a swim segment will be non-competitive with no placings/prizes to protect participant welfare by ensuring that all people have uninterrupted access to all three disciplines, for no less than the first four weeks and no more than 6 weeks after public indoor pools are open.
- As competitors may not feel confident in the swim segment, alternative options where there is a swim segment could include: Offering a shorter swim segment and/or the chance to transfer to a shorter distance at the same event. Offering the opportunity to complete the event as a team relay. Offering a transfer of entry to an alternative event in 2021. Possibility of offering a change from a triathlon to a duathlon race within the same event.
- Encourage competitors to leave the `Event` site as soon as practical after they have finished and recovered, until such time as there is no government requirement for social distancing.
- Competitors and Volunteers to complete and submit an online pre-event health declaration, which could be shared upon request with the NHS Test and Trace service.
- Online briefing to competitors and volunteers to be done on the lead up to the event.
- Spectators are discouraged from attending events until such time as there is no government requirement for social distancing.
We will be issuing further guidance via emails, social media, news articles on our website, links to British triathlon updates / guidance and through our `event race pack ` in the lead up to our events, but as you will appreciated guidance will be updated and most likely change all the way until event day, so please bear with us.