The ways in which swim, bike, run activity and events can operate across England, Scotland and Wales have changed.
Below is a summary of the changes and what that means for your training and club activity in each Home Nation.
In England, all areas of the country returned to a tiered system of Covid-19 restrictions with organised outdoor sporting activity allowed in each tier from 2 December. A new Tier 4 was added to the system on Saturday 19 December with increased restrictions for those living in those areas.
Whilst we are delighted that the outdoor elements of our sport can continue in tiers 1, 2 and 3, there are different restrictions for the different tiers which limit travel and access to indoor facilities.
• In tier 4, people can exercise outdoors or in some public outdoor places, such as parks, the countryside or outdoor sports facilities. They can continue to do unlimited exercise alone, or in a public outdoor place with their household, support bubble, or one other person.
• Outdoor sports facilities are allowed to open and can be used by individual households, bubbles or two people from different households. This applies to outdoor gyms and outdoor swimming facilities.
• Indoor sport is allowed for under-18s for educational purposes or to facilitate childcare that enables parents or carers to work, seek work or take part in education.
• Adult sport can't take place indoors under any circumstances, with gyms and swimming pools having to close.
• There are no exceptions for disabled people taking part in sport or physical activity indoors.
We are working hard to update our detailed guidance in line with the new tier 4 and will share these once we have more confirmation from DCMS on the full details of the restrictions.
In Scotland, a new strategic framework was put in place from Monday 2 November, with varying local restrictions. Support and guidance for members, clubs and coaches in Scotland can be found here.
In Wales, the country came out of the firebreak on the 9 November. Rules have changed slightly compared to prior the fire break as to what is allowed for organised sport indoors and outdoors. Please look here for the Welsh specific guidance.
For more information please read our FAQs.
We have created detailed guidance information to ensure that you have a safe and easy return to competition and training in a Covid-19 Secure manner. Below, you will find our guidance for Individual Training, Clubs and Coaches and Events Participants. If you click through to each section you will find a summary of the guidance and a link to the full document here: